Over the Garden Wall is an American animated television miniseries created by Patrick McHale for Cartoon Network. The series centers on two half-brothers who travel across a strange forest in order to find their way home, encountering odd and wonderful things on their journey. The show is based on McHale's animated short film Tome of the Unknown, which was produced as part of Cartoon Network Studios' shorts development program.
Over The Garden Wall is most similar to Wirt in appearance. They are a fairly tall, roughly standing at 6'1" (185.4 cm) with short, messy brown hair and dark brown, tree branches with orange leaves that grow out the sides of their face, just above their ears, creating the illusion to look mostly similar to deer antlers, and giving them an extra height of 6'5" (198.12 cm) in total.
They can be seen wearing a pointy red "gnome" hat, a dark blue WWII Nurse Cape with yellow buttons and a red underside over a white shirt button up shirt and light grey-green pants with black suspenders.
They are often seen carrying a large woodaxe and their red lantern, which holds OTGW's own soul. Keep the lantern lit.
Over The Garden Wall seems to have a very similar personality to Wirt, he is a pessimistic realist in many ways, but also has a naïve and childish side to he. He is easily scared and surprised, thus his anxiety usually gets the best of him in multiple situations.
However, at times its also proven that they are quite cynical.
OTGW is shown to have low self-esteem and that he perceives himself to be an outcast, possibly due to his more sensitive interests like poetry, and interior design as well as other interests.
Because of this OTGW finds it hard to make and keep stable friendships. It is a wonder how they manage to keep the friendships that they already have.
Steven Universe Fandom - Cousin figure of sorts.
OTGW and Gravity Falls get along quite well. The two of them like adventuring through forests, even though there are lots of dangers within them, including their respective demonic villains. They both hold family and friendship very close to their hearts, and bond over their devotion to keeping their loved ones safe in their worlds full of frightening and downright weird things.
It's even considered that, before R&M took the spotlight of being Gravity Falls' moirail, its probably okay to consider that OTGW and GF were once moirails.
Adventure Time Fandom - Sister
Rick and Morty Fandom - Flush crush
It is a wonder how OTGW has a crush on a fandom like R&M, maybe they see what others do not. Either way, OTGW has a crush on him.
- Over The Garden Wall is a deep thinker, and a reader. Usually they are seen reading into the theories of their own show or other fandoms shows.
- OTGW suffers from Avoidant Personality Disorder (AvPD) and a form of anxiety disorder.
- They could care less of gender, when they noticed that everyone referred OTGW as male, he was just like "whatever". It is Unknown whether they are biologically male or female, however its safe to assume they are male.
- OTGW has a thing of referencing hopelessness in their poems.
- They are apart of the Bad End Friends squad, which also includes: Rick And Morty, Gravity Falls, Star VS The Forces Of Evil, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and a few others to be named.
- OTGW can play the clarinet and piano quite amazingly well, however while they are good at the bassoon they aren't a master of it.
- Like the Beast, they can alter their eyes to look very much like the rainbow eyes in the show.
- At random times, oil leaks from their eyes.
- Their shadow looks very similar to the Beast itself.
- Usually goes with the nickname 'Wally', which is a very *lame* pun on his name. Over The Garden Wally
- A cynical test reveals he's 80% cynical.