godzilla Fandom Edit
created by Toho The film focuses on Godzilla, a prehistoric monster resurrected by repeated nuclear tests in the Pacific, who ravages Japan and reignites the horrors of nuclear devastation to the very nation that experienced it first-hand. It was the first of many kaiju films released in Japan, paving the way and setting the standard for future kaiju films, many of which feature Godzilla. 1956, TransWorld Releasing Corp. released Godzilla, King of the Monsters a heavily re-edited "Americanized version of the original film which featured new footage, featuring Canadian actor Raymond Burr, shot exclusively for its North American release. Godzilla is represented as a symbol for nuclear holocaust and ever since the film's initial release, Godzilla has been culturally identified as a strong metaphor for nuclear weapons. In the film, Godzilla's attack mirrors the same horrors the Japanese experienced near the end of World War II, with the Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Producer Tomoyuki Tanaka stated that, "The theme of the film, from the beginning, was the terror of the bomb. Mankind had created the bomb, and now nature was going to take revenge on mankind." Director Ishirō Honda filmed Godzilla's rampage on Tokyo with the mentality that the monster's onslaught was a parallel to, and a physical manifestation of, an Atom bomb attack. He stated, "If Godzilla had been a dinosaur or some other animal, he would have been killed by just one cannonball. But if he were equal to an atomic bomb, we wouldn't know what to do. So, I took the characteristics of an atomic bomb and applied them to Godzilla Japanese film series of Kaiju/Tokusatsu films is an early and influential classic in the giant monster subgenre of science fiction films The original Godzilla was greatly inspired by the commercial success of the 1952 re-release of King Kong, and the 1953 success of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. Godzillawould go on to inspire Gorgo, Gamera, Cloverfield, and many other monster films worldwide popular kaiju and tokusatsu subgenres in Japanese entertainment. The films are renowned for their political themes, occasionally dark tone, complex internal mythology, and acclaimed music.
AppearanceEditGodzilla's appearance has changed between films over the years, but many defining details have endured. In the Japanese films, Godzilla is depicted as a gigantic dinosaur with rough, bumpy, usually charcoal gray scales, a long powerful tail, and generally bone-white dorsal plates, generally shaped like maple leaves, though there are some designs whose traits may differ. His origins vary somewhat from film to film, but he is almost always described as a prehistoric creature, and his first attacks on Japan are linked to the beginning of the Atomic Age. In particular, mutation due to atomic radiation is presented as an explanation for his great size and strange powers. Godzilla's iconic design is composed of a mixture of various species of dinosaurs; specifically, he has the body and overall shape of an old model of a Tyrannosaurus rex, the long arms of an Iguanodon, and the dorsal plates of a Stegosaurus.
Legendary Series108.2 meters Length
167.7 meters Forms
Super GodzillaSG, Burning GodzillaGvD,
Showa 20,000 tons Hanna-Barbera 500 tons Heisei 50,000 tonsG84-GvB 60,000 tonsGvKG-GvD Millennium 25,000 tonsG2K-GXM,GXMG-GMMG 30,000 tonsGMK 55,000 tonsGFW Legendary Series 90,000 tons
- Godzilla's allegiance and motivations have changed from film to film to suit the needs of the story. Although Godzilla does not like humans,it will fight alongside humanity against common threats. However, it makes no special effort to protect human life or property and will turn against its human allies on a whim. It is not motivated to attack by predatory instinct: it doesn't eat people,and instead sustains itself on radiation and an omnivorous diet. When inquired if Godzilla was "good or bad", producer Shogo Tomiyama likened it to a Shinto "God of Destruction" which lacks moral agency and cannot be held to human standards of good and evil. "He totally destroys everything and then there is a rebirth. Something new and fresh can begin.
- ==Abilities== Godzilla's signature weapon is its "atomic breath," a nuclear blast that it generates inside of its body create a tremendous amount of heat when the atomic breath, is being prepared and unleashes from its jaws in the form of a blue or red radioactive heat ray Godzilla is shown to have great vitality: it is immune to conventional weaponry thanks to its rugged hide and ability to regenerative abilities may have something to do with his radioactive properties, and Regenerator G-1 ("Organizer G-1" in the Japanese version) is the name given to a substance in his cells that is responsible for Godzilla's swift healing factor, and as a result of surviving a nuclear explosion, it cannot be destroyed by anything less powerful. Various films, television shows, comics and games have depicted Godzilla with additional powers such as an atomic pulse emit atomic energy in all directions from every inch of his body in a short-range pulse.,magnetism generate powerful magnetic fields from his body after being struck several times by lightning and at times serving to revitalize him,superhuman speed, eye beams and even flight used his atomic breath to fly by aiming it at the ground and lifting off like a rocket. and super strength As attributed to his size, weight and mass, Godzilla has displayed varied levels of physical strength sufficient to lift weights exceeding 2,000 tons and 100,000 tons smash skyscrapers. He has been depicted lifting and throwing monsters in excess of his own weight. long tail is also a formidable weapon. It has been shown to be very flexible and powerful, able to lash out quickly and topple over buildings and enemy monsters .have powerful jaws and sharp teeth and claws also showed the ability to use his dorsal plates as a weapon uses their jagged monsters
- Godzilla's Skin is quite strong and is able to displayed uncanny ability to sustain damage stop most Projectiles and Up close Weapons the ability to survive complete submersion in magma for an extended period of time, sometimes while under extreme pressure from tectonic plates , has even survived being in ground zero of asteroid impactssurvived unharmed in the Bikini Atoll tests in the South Pacific, even appearing to have survived the detonation of Castle Bravo, a 15-megaton hydrogen bomb and survival of the various prehistoric extinction events
- godzilla atomic breath was strong enough to destroy a miniature black hole,it possessed incredible range, amazing power and pin-point accuracy, able to hit a target in outer space
- Godzilla Can't be controlled due to Strong will power.
- Godzilla has an amphibious lifestyle. He spends half of his life in water and on land. He is as adept a fighter underwater as he is on land. Capable of marching on the sea floor or swimming by undulating his tail like a crocodile, Godzilla is displayed as being able to breathe underwater, occasionally hibernating in the ocean depths
- Intelligence godzilla thinking creature epicted as being close in intelligence to a human, capable of abstract thought, and able to communicate with other monsters.